Attributes of LightLearn the basic attributes of light and how to craft it to achieve the ideal cinematic look.
Attributes of LightDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
Lighting is one of the most powerful tools in the cinematographer’s tool kit, and understanding how to light means knowing the qualities of light.
This module covers the attributes of light and how to control them. Master the look of your shots by understanding the principles of light.
- 34:02 video that teaches you the attributes of light and how you can manipulate them to create the right look for your shot
- Complete companion guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How the brightness of a light source affects the lighting
- How to manipulate the contrast ratio and how to use it to enhance the emotion of a story
- The importance of the direction of a light source
- Falloff and how to properly use it when lighting a large area
- How to control the spread of a light source
- Wraparound and how to use it to light the face
- Specularity and how to control it
- What tools to use to manipulate the attributes of light