Acting Techniques For the ScreenRenowned actor, instructor, and author, Michael Laskin gives brilliant advice on performing on camera.
Acting Techniques For the ScreenDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
Directors and actors often take a different approach to the performance process, which can cause misunderstanding, conflict, and affect the story. In this engaging FilmTalk, 30-year acting veteran Michael Laskin sheds light on this gap and reveals tools to ensure you're getting the best possible performance on set.
- 28:33 FilmTalk with Michael Laskin
- Q&A with Jason Tomaric
- Illustrated companion guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The difference in approach between actors and directors
- How actors approach film vs. theater acting
- Tools for bridging the gap in performance
- Directing techniques for working with actors
- How a director can work to adapt the actor's process to the filmmaking process