Working with Mixed LightLearn how to mix and match light from different color temperatures to achieve the look you want.
Working with Mixed LightDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
Emmy-winning cinematographer Jason J. Tomaric takes you to Panavision in Hollywood to teach you practical, on-set techniques to mixing light sources of various color temperatures. Learn basic gel types, how to choose light sources, how to work with tungsten, HMI and Kino-Flo lights, what to do when using tungsten and sunlight, color correcting light sources, using the white balance to correct gelled lights, and much, much more.
- 29:06 video that walks you through how to work with lights of different color temperatures
- Complete companion guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to choose the correct light fixture based on the ambience of the location
- How to correct a light source using gels
- How to use dichroic filters
- How to work with non-white light
- Techniques for gelling windows