The Rough CutLearn how to approach the rough cut, determine what moments work, how to re-structure the story, and ultimately create a movie that stands on its own- divorced from the script.
The Rough CutDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
Much like a screenplay is truly written in the rewriting process, a movie is edited in the rough cut stage. Now that you have a solid assembly cut, it’s now time to remake the movie by cutting, trimming, adding, and moving scenes to improve the structure and pacing of the narrative, performances, and emotion of the scene.
In this module you will learn how to approach the rough cut, determine what moments work, how to re-structure the story, and ultimately view the movie on its own- divorced from the script.
From the first scene to the credits, take control of your movie and turn it into the most entertaining experience possible.
19:04 video that walks you through the process of editing the rough cut
- Complete companion guide
- Tips on the unwritten rules of the editing room
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What happens during the rough cut process
- How to finesse act breaks, story arcs and character arcs
- How to manage deadlines
- How to work with music and sound effects in the rough cut process
- How to improve pacing in the movie
- How to work with titles and credits