The Production DesignerLearn about the Production Designer, his responsibility to the look of the film and her relationship with the director and cinematographer.
The Production DesignerDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
The Production Designer is one of the critical members of a film production's creative inner circle. Learn the Production Designer’s duties: breaking down a script, visualizing the look of the movie, working with the director and creating a convincing environment that not only supports the story, but adds another layer to the characters.
- 21:14 video that walks you through the role of the production designer
- Complete companion resource guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The role of the Production Designer
- How the Production Designer interprets the story in the designs
- How the Production Designer interacts with the art department
- How he determines the look and feel of the sets