Location Recording TechniquesLearn techniques for recording high-quality sound on location.
Location Recording TechniquesDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
Recording location sound is a challenging process - and the decisions you make on set can either make the post-production process easy, or can cost cost tens of thousands of dollars. In this module, we're going to look at how to properly prepare for a shoot - they type of gear you'll need, how to conduct a location scout and tips for minimizing location noise.
- 23:02 video that walks you through the process of recording location audio
- Illustrated companion guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to control microphone perspective
- How to conduct a sound check and set the levels
- Techniques for monitoring audio
- How to record multiple actors
- What to do if there's "no sound" in the scene
- The importance of room tone and how to record it
- How to fight the "fix-it-in-post" mentality