Lighting Equipment SafetyLearn industry standard safety techniques for working with light fixtures.
Lighting Equipment SafetyDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
In this module we will discuss hazards you will encounter when using, or working around, lighting equipment, how to organize the lighting equipment and properly secure lights and grip stands. We’ll touch on special safety issues associated with HMI lights, cords and cables, and using lighting equipment on location. We’ll end with some guidelines concerning lifting heavy items on set.
- 24:23 video that highlights lighting safety
- Illustrated companion guide
- Downloadable on-set reference guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Techniques for keeping lighting equipment neat and organized
- How to properly secure stands
- C-Stand Safety
- Common hazards of lighting equipment
- HMI Safety
- Cords and cable safety
- Lighting equipment safety when shooting on location
- Guidelines for lifting heavy objects