HMI LightingLearn about HMI light fixtures, how to operate, maintain and troubleshoot them.
HMI LightingDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
HMIs are among the film industry’s most often-used light. These sophisticated, ballast-controlled lights create a light that matches the color of sunlight and is ideal for use outdoors and in situations where sunlight is the dominant ambient source. This video takes you through every step of working with, trouble shooting, setting up, and working with HMI lights.
- 20:02 video that teaches you how to properly use HMI light fixtures
- Complete companion guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What are HMI lights
- About magnetic and electronic ballasts
- About HMI power requirements
- About the UV safety switch
- About problems with HMIs
- HMI PAR fixtures
- PAR lenses and their spread patterns
- HMI Fresnels
- HMI lamp types