Creating the LookLearn how the art department creates the look of the environments in which the story takes place.
Creating the LookDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
Movie sets don't appear out of nowhere, but are the result of a very careful collaboration between the art department and the director. In this module, you will learn the steps that go into creating an environment from the pre-production meeting to budgeting to researching a look.
- 32:10 video that takes you through the process of creating the look of the movie
- Illustrated companion guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What occurs during the pre-production meeting between the members of the art department
- How to research the look of a movie
- How to break down a script
- How to develop a budget to create the look you want
- How to work on low budgets