AuditionsLearn how to find the ideal audition space, attract qualified actors, conduct auditions, and learn what to look for so you can find the perfect cast for your movie.
AuditionsDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
A pitch-perfect cast doesn’t happen by chance; it is culminated through an extensive process - each actor showcases his or her distinct voice as the filmmakers find the perfect pairing for each character. Auditioning actors is a critical step of the filmmaking process, and running an audition improperly can mean casting the wrong actors or missing the best actor for a role.
In this module, learn how to find the ideal audition space, attract qualified actors, conduct auditions, and learn what to look for so you can find the perfect cast for your movie.
Don’t allow the stress of an unorganized and crowded audition cloud your judgment, push you to settle for less, or bypass the talent in front of you.
- 25:09 video that teaches you how to set-up and run an audition
- Complete companion guide
- Tips on the director/actor relationship in the audition room
- Download sample headshots
- Download a blank audition form you can use on your production
- Download a sample audition space layout
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to set-up and run an audition
- What to look for in an audition space
- Where to audition in both large cities and non-production towns
- What to have actors bring to the audition
- How to schedule and check in actors
- How to choose the right scene for an audition
- How to work with a reader
- What to look for from an actor
- The actor's perspective on the audition process
- How to choose which actors to call back