Audio Pre-ProductionLearn how to prepare for a shoot by breaking down the script, determining the best equipment to use and how to address complex scenes.
Audio Pre-ProductionDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
Recording on-set audio begins long before the cameras - or the sound recording devices - roll. By preparing the script, determining the proper crew size and creating a list of the required equipment, you'll be prepared to capture strong audio every time. In this module, you will learn proper audio pre-production for your project.
- 26:36 video that walks you through the audio post-production process
- Illustrated companion guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to break down the script
- What to look for in each scene and how to determine the sound recording requirements
- How to conduct a location scout
- What problematic sounds to look for
- How to deal with ambient sounds and reverb on location
- How to work with a rental facility
- How to track audio equipment