The Reality Television Story ProcessVeteran reality show producer Troy DeVolld takes us into the world of reality TV show production.
The Reality Television Story ProcessDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
We have all seen reality programming on television, but what happens behind the scenes? Veteran reality producer Troy DeVolld takes into the fascinating world of reality production, its challenges, and the process of keeping the audience gripped in the drama of its characters.
- 22:22 video that features the FilmTalk presentation and follow-up Q&A with host Jason Tomaric
- Companion guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to develop the story arc for a new reality program
- How to adapt a storyline to changing circumstances
- How to manage slow storylines
- How to edit and restructrure scenes
- The new story arc of reality programming
- Overcoming production challenges of reality production