The Physics of SoundLearn the attributes of sound, how we hear, measure and record sound.
The Physics of SoundDeveloped by Jason Tomaric, FilmSkills
ABOUT THIS LESSON
Sound is quite literally, one half of the movie-going experience. Without sound, you have surveillance and without the image, you have radio. But what is sound? You may think of it in several terms – pitch, tone… volume, but what is sound and how does it work? In this module we’re going to look at the physics of sound – the sound wave, how it can be measured and ultimately, how it is used to create emotion through story.
- 25:33 video that walks you through the physics of sound
- Illustrated companion guide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What is Sound
- How the human ear "hears' sound
- The attributes of a sound wave
- What is frequency and how it is measured
- What is amplitude
- What is propagation
- How sound is measured